Bits and pieces of my life
YTM Induction Camp 2017

I attended YTM Induction Camp from the 29th of September to the 2nd of October. It was a 4 day 3 nights camp and it was a truly fun-filled experience.

This year's camp took place at Klana Resort, Seremban. A total of 80 participants from YTM's Talent-A scholars checked in to Klana Resort on Friday afternoon. Upon arrival, I did think that the place looked decent and nice. Sadly, I did not take any pictures of the interior during the course of my stay there πŸ˜•

We were greeted by TM's friendly staffs and we were immediately directed to the registration booth to collect our hotel room pass, nametags and t-shirt and some stationaries. We were also returned copies of our scholarship agreement.

Me receiving a copy of my scholarship agreement

The first day comprised of several talks and games, just like the other two days that followed. We were divided into groups of five. A large number of the students there were the familiar faces from my hostel block, my class, and some from a different faculty in the same campus. Some were from Malacca campus and some were freshies. We introduced each of ourselves and got to know a little about each member from our group.

The trainer, Mr.Syam introduced to us a point-rewarding 'system' that seemed to have 'governed' the entire program! The next few sessions until the end of the program were basically each group trying their best to receive as many cards as possible as scores from each group were taken at the end of each day.

Apart from that, we were introduced some taglines to be used throughout the program. The constant repetition made it all sound so redundant and plain annoying to be honest! πŸ˜‚

The timing was a little off the scheduled time in the itinerary and that caused the whole program to be delayed πŸ˜‘. The schedule was packed and tiring to say the least. The program ended at 2 o'clock in the morning on the first day. I was dead sleepy and wanted to just tuck in bed peacefully but the hotel room was just too cold!

The next morning I was shivering so bad after I woke up early in the morning already feeling like a zombie to get through another day. It felt so pleasant to have hot shower and I wished I could have stayed longer in the warm steam.

Second day had everyone beaming with more enthusiasm. We got more familiarised with one another and each of us started showing more team-spirit and as a whole contributed to a better teamwork compared to the previous day. I actually grew to like my team a lot. Each member was very participative and best of all, friendly and fun to work with πŸ’“.

We were assigned a group work whereby we were assigned 10 groupfie challenges that were then compiled into a single video.

'Serious' group photo

'Human Pyramid'

Funny group picture

Casual groupfie

A groupfie at the perfomance lounge

groupfie with a hotel worker

'Teaming with passion'

Throughout our stay at the resort, we were pampered with good and rich the food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was a buffet and there were also a lot of tea breaks in between!

Later that evening, we were given a fairly long break. Much to our relief! Amidst all the faked enthusiasm we secretly wished for a long break off from all the long talks and what notπŸ˜‚. My friends and I had decided to hit the swimming pool.

Boy we had so much fun! 

Fast forward, second day came to an end after what seemed like an eternity. Dinner. Talk. Games. Groupwork. Sleep.

Third day was fast to approach and I found myself befriending more fellow scholars and being more participative than ever. I also volunteered to answer questions in front! That was very unlike me under most normal circumstances. In retrospect, I believe it was because of all the positive reinforcement, affirmation and the motivating environment.

In the evening, we took part in High Rope as part of our outdoor activity. Two representatives from each group were sent for each round. I was hesitant at first to take part in the activity although I never had issues with heights. I refused at first as I was afraid of screwing up mid air and embarassing my groupmates as it was my first timeπŸ˜‚.

After pondering for a while, I convinced myself to get up there and tackle the 'challenge' knowing not when I would stand another opportunity to take part in such an activity.


 It was so thrilling! I did not feel scared admittedly, but there were certain instances where I got a mini heart attack due to my fumbling balanceπŸ˜†. No regrets.

Just as fast as it approached, third day was quick to come to a close too.  And as exciting the day could get, my team happened to collect the most points and was announced the winner! The day came to a wrap with YTM dinner with the YTM family. We sat together with the staffs and chatted with them.

Well done Red Team!

And of course, not to mention lots of groupfies, selfies and what not!

with my buddy Sasmitta

We got ready for bed after that but not without first doing some mischieve and having fun. We karaoked together, teased each other and even pulled a prank on one of our friend!

The next day we had our breakfast, said our thanks and good-byes to the YTM staffs and departed for Cyberjaya. We were sure to catch some nap before class that very day.

All in all it was a great chance to get to know and bond with the YTM family and to get to know of opportunities and simply to get a boost in self confidence, increase intrinsic motivation and to widen my circle of friends.

Labels: ,

Newer Posts Older Posts